ACTIVIDAD DE MOVILIDAD: “PRACTICAL IDEAS FOR THE SECUNDARY CLIL CLASSROOM” en el centro IPC de Exeter, Reino Unido.
Ana Marques, profesora de visual y plástica y tecnologia.
Este curso aporta la oportunidad de mejorar y practicar docente a partir de la puesta en práctica de actividades y técnicas metodológicas en el aula que fomenten la creatividad y el aprendizaje por tareas. Por otro lado, es una oportunidad para comparar las enseñanzas en diferentes países, especialmente ligadas a la asignatura de visual y plástica, para intercambiar ideas y desarrollar vínculos con profesores de otros países europeos, de manera que nos sirva como nueva inspiración para el docente en la enseñanza en el aula.
La actividad de movilidad en el centro IPC comenzó el 25 de octubre de 2015 y terminó el 7 de Noviembre.
24-25 th October: Travel to Exeter
26 th October:
AM-Introduction to IPC. Getting to know you and needs analysis (Teacher: Alisson McLaren)
PM- A guided tour of Exeter including a visit to Exeter Cathedral.
AM- Language Development through CLIL activities (Esther Thomas):
- Fossilized error: the phrases have a mistake then you have to find and correct the mistake.
- Language in the CLIL Classroom. Useful Expression for the Teacher and for the Students.
- Pronunciation odd one out activity
- Bad elephant jokes: Transcribe the phonetic phrases into standard English and then match the jokes with the punchlines.
- Phonetic crossword
PM. Features and rationale of CLIL (Teacher: Alisson McLaren)
- What is clil-AICLE?. Clil definition. Language and content
- Clil activities focus on the student learning outcomes. Subject outcomes and language outcomes.
- Features of clil: FSW activity ( Find someone Who….to mingle)
AM- Language Development through CLIL activities (Teacher: Alisson McLaren)
- Create opportunities to practise all 4 language Skills ( writing, speaking, listening, reading) speaking about a topic:
- Describe a picture.
- Match the word with the definition.
- Mutual Dictation (student A and B with missed keywords )
- Reading comprehension and answer your classmates’ questions.
- Jigsaw activity: A jigsaw listening or reading activity is an information gap exercise. Learners hear or read different parts of a text, then exchange information with others in order to complete a task.
PM- Meet IPC guide for a half-day trip to Dartmoor.
AM- Vocabulary Workshop and language development (Teacher: Alisson McLaren)
Vocabulary or lexical items. Keywords activities:
- Crossword in pairs.
- Odd one out. Decide which one is the odd one out of the four words and why. Discuss with your partner.
- Working about a topic:
- Video. Questions about the keywords.
- Match the words to their definitions and label de diagram.
- Write the number of the correct caption (1-5) next to each picture.
- Revision activity. A Snowball activity. Everybody with a word and definition, then read the definition to other classmate and then he has to guess the word. After swap the papers.
Math Vocabulary activity:
- Algebra vocabulary-saying the expressions in English and then write the expression.
- Information Gap dictation.
- A Line-up Activity: to order a sequence of facts or place numbers using comparatives.
- Solve a equation writing the sentences from the right into the spaces above each equation.
- Solve the equation and write a sentence to explain what you have done for each line. (in pairs)
- One student read instructions and the other do them.
PM- Practical Ideas for the CLIL classroom. Introduction of Micro-Teaching Task (Teacher: Alisson McLaren).
Development of a Clil Micro-Teaching Task in pairs or 3s. The aim of the task is that the students work collaboratively. Every topic can be selected and each group have 10 minutes per person to deliver their micro-lesson. The other course practitioners in our class will be your “students”. The group will receive trainer and peer feedback. The teachers ask the group to self assess and reflect on how effective your session was.
AM- Using IT in the CLIL Classroom (Esther Thomas)
- Kahoot.it questions and answer for every aspect. Use or create kahoots
- Padlet: it’s a interactive wall.
- Tagul.com: drawing with key words.
- Flaticon.com: free images
- Zaption: modificate videos with text and questions for the students.
- Piktochart. Com: for doing template, cards, summaries and posters.
- Webs and videos: BBC (bitesize), Khanacademy, TEDed, TED.com, Tes, Brainpop.com, Powtoon(s).com
- Airplay (apple device) Show the Mobil in the screen.
- 10 Minutes Mail to create accounts.
PM- Reflection, Preparation and planning time for next week’s micro-teaching activity (unguided).
Full day trip with IPC guide.
2nd November :
AM- Classroom Language and language development through Clil Activities (Teacher: Alisson McLaren).
- Topic: computers.
- Computer collocations activity: write the key words, match the words with the definition and the verbs.
- Roleplay in pairs: user and helpdesk. Shuffle activity with cards. To give advice, to suggest and to recomment
- Visual organisers: are used to help learners remember new information by making them think visually. They involve information being written down or drawn. Organisers can be simple or complex but all of them have connecting parts.
PM- Practical Ideas, followed by Refection, Preparation and Planning time for micro-teaching activity (Teacher: Alisson McLaren).
AM- British Education System and eTwinning (Esther Thomas)
- Collocations activity about the British Education System. In pairs link or match cards about a topic.
- Treasure Hunt. On the wall papers with the information for answering the questions.
- Elastic Sentences: first to write the missed word in a dictation, second with a classmate rewrite the sentences.
- Group discussion: comparative, opinion, evaluate the pros and cons of the system and class debate.
- Quiz for e-Twinning: True or false
PM- Practical Ideas, followed by Refection, Preparation and Planning time for micro-teaching activity (Esther Thomas)
Full day trip with IPC guide.
AM- Delivering Micro-Teaching Activity and Peer Feedback (Esther Thomas):
- Origins and Integration of the European Union. ( cartoon for a topic question, snowball, matching exercise, answering topic questions and kahoot for conclusion)
- Art, literature and Math.( All information in a Paddlet: , a painting, multidictation, vocabulary with match word and picture, vocabulary for describing the painting and describe the picture)
- Olympics sports beginnings in Greece competitions (video, crossword, fill the gaps) and draw a Comic ( parts of a comic, drawing shots, sketches, comic page).
Feedback all together about Micro-Teaching
-What was particularly good?
PM- Micro-Teaching Activity Tutorials (Esther Thomas)
AM-Course closure evaluation activities (Esther Thomas)
PM- course closure.
7th -8th November: Return Home